ImageLib owners

Gian-Carlo Pascutto

Mar 29, 2017, 10:42:48 AM3/29/17
to mozilla-g...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi all,

the owners for ImageLib are listed as:

Owner: Seth Fowler
Peer(s): Brian Bondy, Jeff Muizelaar, Justin Lebar, Timothy Nikkel

Of these 5 people, at least 3 were former employees that no longer work
for us. Brian left to work on Brave and Justin is doing LLVM GPU work at
Google. I don't know where Seth went.

ImageLib doesn't see much commit traffic - much of the blame info is
coding style updates. But it does need some care, like someone who can
investigate potential security bugs (which is how I came to be looking
at this).

What, if any, should be the course of action here?

--
GCP

Andrew McCreight

Mar 29, 2017, 10:53:20 AM3/29/17
to Gian-Carlo Pascutto, mozilla-g...@lists.mozilla.org
Have you tried emailing Seth to see what he thinks? If he doesn't want to
be an active owner any more, perhaps he could suggest somebody else to
become the owner. I agree that ImageLib at least needs somebody at least
active enough to triage incoming security bugs, and make decisions about
the occasional issue that comes up.

Andrew

--
GCP

Boris Zbarsky

Mar 29, 2017, 10:53:51 AM3/29/17
to mozilla-g...@lists.mozilla.org, Jeff Muizelaar, Timothy Nikkel
On 3/29/17 10:42 AM, Gian-Carlo Pascutto wrote:
> Owner: Seth Fowler
> Peer(s): Brian Bondy, Jeff Muizelaar, Justin Lebar, Timothy Nikkel

The reality is that Jeff and Timothy are owners/peers here, in some
permutation. That was explicitly stated at the point when Seth left, iirc.

Jeff, Timothy, would you mind updating the wiki to match reality,
whatever reality is?

-Boris

Timothy Nikkel

Mar 31, 2017, 3:36:46 AM3/31/17
to Boris Zbarsky, Jeff Muizelaar, mozilla-g...@lists.mozilla.org
On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 9:53 AM, Boris Zbarsky <bzba...@mit.edu> wrote:

> On 3/29/17 10:42 AM, Gian-Carlo Pascutto wrote:
>
>> Owner: Seth Fowler
>> Peer(s): Brian Bondy, Jeff Muizelaar, Justin Lebar, Timothy Nikkel
>>

> The reality is that Jeff and Timothy are owners/peers here, in some
> permutation. That was explicitly stated at the point when Seth left, iirc.
>
> Jeff, Timothy, would you mind updating the wiki to match reality, whatever
> reality is?
>
> -Boris

I just updated the wiki to mark myself as owner and move Seth to peer.