New module owner for OS X Widgets

Steven Michaud

Sep 17, 2015, 1:38:28 PM9/17/15
to gover...@lists.mozilla.org
I'm current the owner of the OS X Widgets module. But I'm retiring this
month and will no longer be an active contributor.

After discussions with Markus Stange, Benjamin Smedberg and Jet Villegas,
I've asked Markus to become the owner of this module, and he's accepted.
For several years Markus has done valuable work in this area, particularly
in figuring out how to give UI objects a "native" look and feel in an
environment that doesn't easily support this. He's also worked in other
areas of the tree, and knows a lot about how they're all interconnected.
So Markus is very well qualified to be the module owner.

I propose that Markus Stange replace me as the owner of the OS X Widgets
module.

I can stay on as a peer, at least for the time being.

Cameron McCormack

Sep 17, 2015, 7:56:04 PM9/17/15
to Steven Michaud, gover...@lists.mozilla.org
Steven Michaud:
> I propose that Markus Stange replace me as the owner of the OS X Widgets
> module.

+1, Markus will make a great owner.

Thanks for all your work on OS X platform integration, Steven!

--
Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/

Jet Villegas

Sep 17, 2015, 10:00:30 PM9/17/15
to Steven Michaud, gover...@lists.mozilla.org, Stange, Markus
Thanks for the years of awesome service, Steven. You'll be missed.
Congratulations, Markus! Thanks for stepping in to cover this critical
Module.

--Jet

Cameron Kaiser

Sep 22, 2015, 6:35:58 AM9/22/15
to mozilla-g...@lists.mozilla.org
On 9/17/15 10:38 AM, Steven Michaud wrote:
> I'm current the owner of the OS X Widgets module. But I'm retiring this
> month and will no longer be an active contributor.

It has been a pleasure working with you (keeping old Macs running).
Cameron Kaiser

Steven Michaud

Sep 22, 2015, 12:17:17 PM9/22/15
to mozilla-g...@lists.mozilla.org, smichaud
You're most welcome, Cameron, Jet and Cameron!

I've shared foxholes (pun half-intended) with you and many others, over the
years. I've always been impressed at how keen Mozillians can be to fight
bugs together, even across organizational boundaries. Keep up the good
work! The bugs won't stop coming :-)

On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 12:20 AM, Cameron Kaiser <cka...@floodgap.com>
wrote:

> On 9/17/15 10:38 AM, Steven Michaud wrote:
>
>> I'm current the owner of the OS X Widgets module. But I'm retiring this
>> month and will no longer be an active contributor.
>>

> It has been a pleasure working with you (keeping old Macs running).
> Cameron Kaiser

Steven Michaud

Sep 22, 2015, 12:20:52 PM9/22/15
to gover...@lists.mozilla.org
I've taken the liberty of changing the Core module owners' list, here:

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Modules/Core

The changes haven't yet appeared in the "all in one list" list, here:

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Modules/All

But I assume that's just a matter of time.