[Hendrix] Query on Hotmail

Simon de Belder

Jan 31, 2008, 5:34:58 AM1/31/08
Name: Simon de Belder
Email: simondebelderathotmaildotcom
Product: Firefox

Comments:
Hi,
If I use Hotmail/Outlook under Firefox, I can only send pictures as
[full-size] files, and pictures have to be selected one by one (which
often means I have to send pictures one by one). Using Hotmail under
Internet Explorer I get the option to select many pictures at once and
send them as compressed files, particularly helpful when sending
multiple images. Since I use Firefox as my default browser it's a bit
tedious having to jump out into IE, do an email, and jump back again.

Actually it's quite a mystery to me. The above implies there are (at
least) two versions of Hotmail out there, one for IE and one for whoever
else.

Anyway, grateful for any help on the matter. Thanks!! Simon de B

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071127 Firefox/2.0.0.11

David McRitchie

Jan 31, 2008, 3:01:37 PM1/31/08
"Simon de Belder" wrote..

> If I use Hotmail/Outlook under Firefox, I can only send pictures as
> [full-size] files, and pictures have to be selected one by one (which
> often means I have to send pictures one by one). Using Hotmail under
> Internet Explorer I get the option to select many pictures at once and
> send them as compressed files, particularly helpful when sending
> multiple images.
>
> Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071127 Firefox/2.0.0.11

Click on "Attach" then you get a screen
To send multiple files, use Browse and Add more files. When you're done, click Attach.
I don't see a problem with that using Firefox.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9b2) Gecko/2007121120 Firefox/3.0b2 ID:2007121120

--
HTH,
David McRitchie,

David McRitchie

Jan 31, 2008, 3:44:10 PM1/31/08
"David McRitchie" <nospam@nospam> wrote in message news:ENGdnYvEKO_xtD_a...@mozilla.org...

> "Simon de Belder" wrote..
>> If I use Hotmail/Outlook under Firefox, I can only send pictures as
>> [full-size] files, and pictures have to be selected one by one (which
>> often means I have to send pictures one by one). Using Hotmail under
>> Internet Explorer I get the option to select many pictures at once and
>> send them as compressed files, particularly helpful when sending
>> multiple images.
>>
>> Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071127 Firefox/2.0.0.11
>
> Click on "Attach" then you get a screen
> To send multiple files, use Browse and Add more files. When you're done, click Attach.
> I don't see a problem with that using Firefox.
>
> Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9b2) Gecko/2007121120 Firefox/3.0b2 ID:2007121120

Sorry, hadn't noticed the complaint was in 2.0.0.11, can't even get into
hotmail on 2.0.0.11 myself hoping that 2.0.0.12 will be working better.

David McRitchie

Jan 31, 2008, 11:51:13 PM1/31/08
"David McRitchie" <nospam@nospam> wrote in message news:if-dnaxb_eTVrj_a...@mozilla.org...

Hi Simon,
I reverted 2.0.0.11 back to 2.0.0.10 so my Version 2 is working now,
funny because 2.0.0.11 was working but just kept getting worse and worse.
I also turned off updating in 2.0.0.10 so it will continue to work.

Removed a lot of extensions on 2.0.0.11 without success
Cleared cache, deleted all files that get rebuilt, deleted all cookies and still
had problems, Removed a lot of extensions, still getting redirect and scripting
errors so reinstalled 2.0.0.10 and is working again though slow.

FWIW -- Version 2.0.1.12 will be available soon as will the beta 3.0b3.