New Here!!

Sarthak Gupta

Jul 14, 2017, 11:10:09 AM7/14/17
to dev-w...@lists.mozilla.org
Hello everyone,
I am just getting started to open source and want to contribute in the area
of web development. I am quite good at HTML and CSS with some knowledge of
bootstrap. I know javascript but haven't tried it to its full potential in
a project yet.I love doing front-end development but I want to try my hand
at back-end also. I want to improve my skills by contributing. Could
anyone get me started?

Thanks :)
Sarthak Gupta
IRC: sarthakg

Schalk Neethling

Jul 14, 2017, 11:43:00 AM7/14/17
to Sarthak Gupta, dev-webdev
Hey there Sarthak,

Thank you for your interest! o/\o

One place to have a look is here:
https://www.contributejson.org/examples

You can use the filter to only show projects that uses technologies you
know, or want to learn.

Another great resource is https://wiki.mozilla.org/Webdev/GetInvolved

And then you can also simply look over things on Github, for example:

https://github.com/mdn/
https://github.com/mozmar
https://github.com/mozilla?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=&type=&language=html (This one
is filtered for HTML) or
https://github.com/mozilla?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=&type=&language=javascript
(This one is filtered on JavaScript)

Also, feel free to drop in on the #www channel on IRC (
https://wiki.mozilla.org/IRC)

On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 9:45 PM, Sarthak Gupta <sarthak...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Kind Regards,