Help in getting started

Harmanan Kohli

Aug 10, 2017, 1:54:34 PM8/10/17
to dev-w...@lists.mozilla.org
Hello,

I am Harmanan Kohli and I am new to open source world and I have always
been fascinated to contribute to open source but I need help. If someone
could mentor me or guide me towards right path. I will be grateful. My
skill set include HTML, CSS and little bit of Python.

Thank you,
Harmanan Kohli

Schalk Neethling

Aug 11, 2017, 2:33:11 AM8/11/17
to Harmanan Kohli, dev-webdev
Hey there Harmanan,

Thank you for the message. Are there any projects at Mozilla that you are
interested in working on?

Here is a list of some of the active projects you can have a look at:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Webdev/GetInvolved

Then there is also https://www.contributejson.org/examples

Let us know, and we can assist you from there. Thank you again for your
interest.

Kind Regards,
Schalk Neethling
Senior Front-End Engineer
Mozilla ::-::

Harmanan Kohli

Aug 11, 2017, 2:59:00 AM8/11/17
to Schalk Neethling, dev-webdev
Thank you for the reply,

I have seen the projects but I am confused from where to start , if you
could guide me I will be grateful.At the same time as I am a beginner I
want to take a project which are easy for beginner in open source.So from
the summary mozillians.org is good for beginners, so maybe I will pick that
but any project is alright as long as there is someone to guide me or
mentor me.

I humbly request you to guide me.

Yours,
Harmanan Kohli

Schalk Neethling

Aug 14, 2017, 2:47:22 AM8/14/17
to Harmanan Kohli, dev-webdev
Hey Harmanan,

I am more than happy to assist you in contributing. Let me have a look
around at some good first bugs, and we can take it from there. Apologies
for the slow replies but, I am currently work/travelling.

Harmanan Kohli

Aug 14, 2017, 3:47:01 AM8/14/17
to Schalk Neethling, dev-webdev
Awesome, thanks!

Yours,
Harmanan Kohli

Schalk Neethling

Aug 23, 2017, 3:40:08 AM8/23/17
to Harmanan Kohli, dev-webdev
Apologies for the delay, this week has been a little crazy. This is still
on my list and I will get back to you as soon as I can. If there are any
questions you have in the interim, feel free to let me know. Thanks!