peep 2.2, with nice progress bars

Erik Rose

Feb 2, 2015, 3:35:57 PM2/2/15
to dev-webdev
Hey, webdevvers! Peep 2.2 is out: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/peep/.

This release gets you nicer output:

* A "Downloading such-and-such..." indication while peep is downloading a package (no more mysterious apparent hangs)
* A progress bar or spinner if you have pip >= 6.0 installed
* Less redundant vertical spacing

May all your deploys be repeatable!

Erik

Daniel Maher

Feb 3, 2015, 5:17:44 AM2/3/15
to Erik Rose, dev-webdev
Neat! One question: what does the progress bar or spinner do on a headless
install that's dumping output to a log?

---
dan.

Erik Rose

Feb 3, 2015, 10:58:44 AM2/3/15
to Daniel Maher, dev-webdev
> Neat! One question: what does the progress bar or spinner do on a headless install that's dumping output to a log?

You get just these lines:

Downloading Django (11386K)...
Downloading moofo (1234K)...
Downloading boofo (94K)...

That way, you can (in theory—I haven't tried) see what's going on in a Travis console.

Cheers,
Erik