Project recommendation

soumendra

Jan 19, 2016, 10:24:36 PM1/19/16
to dev-w...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi Team,

I am highly enthusiastic to contribute to Mozilla WebDev.
Kindly recommend me a project as per my skill-set below:

1. Python
2. Django (Novice)

Thanks,
Soumendra

---

Alexis Métaireau

Jan 20, 2016, 4:14:41 AM1/20/16
to dev-w...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi Soumendra,

There a bunch of different projects you can be involved in, depending
really on what your interests are. We've tried to outline them on this
webpage:

https://mozilla.github.io/webdev/

Alos, to be more specific, me and my team are working on a project named
"Kinto" which is a way for users to store data on the web, and
sync/share it across devices.

https://kinto.readthedocs.org

If you're interested by any of this, don't hesitate to reach to us. For
kinto specifically, have a look at our "how to contribute" page [0].

[0] https://kinto.readthedocs.org/en/latest/contributing.html

Cheers,
Alexis

Peter Bengtsson

Jan 20, 2016, 11:40:22 AM1/20/16
to soumendra, dev-webdev
Hi,

Like Alexis said, https://mozilla.github.io/webdev/ is a great resource.
Strangely, some of the projects there are more libraries than just plain
websites/webapps. And it's hard to know which projects are active.

Another approach is to visit some site you're using or have used because
it'll be more fun to participate if you're familiar with what the site
does. Then add "/contribute.json" to the end of the URL and get the
information you need to participate. For example:
https://www.mozilla.org/contribute.json

On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 10:24 PM, soumendra <soumendr...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> I am highly enthusiastic to contribute to Mozilla WebDev.
> Kindly recommend me a project as per my skill-set below:
>
> 1. Python
> 2. Django (Novice)
>

> Thanks,
> Soumendra