OAuth expert?

Gervase Markham

Feb 29, 2016, 11:25:34 AM2/29/16
to mozilla-d...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi,

Is anyone here an OAuth expert, or knowledgeable about it? I mentor at a
startup incubator, and the CTO of one of the teams could really do with
a discussion with someone who knows OAuth.

If you can help, please do drop me an email :-)

Thanks :-)

Gerv

Tim Guan-tin Chien

Mar 2, 2016, 2:03:16 AM3/2/16
to Gervase Markham, mozilla-d...@lists.mozilla.org
Are they looking for client implementation or server implementation, or
simply just the user of client/server?

I implemented an OAuth 2 Web Client against Google services but I won't
call myself expert on other parts of the OAuth framework...

Gervase Markham

Mar 2, 2016, 10:21:59 AM3/2/16
to Tim Guan-tin Chien
On 02/03/16 07:02, Tim Guan-tin Chien wrote:
> Are they looking for client implementation or server implementation, or
> simply just the user of client/server?

Their mobile app uses OAuth (Facebook/Google) login, but they want to
embed in other apps, and need help on how the auth would work in that
circumstance. One option is implementing their own OAuth, but they
aren't sure which way to go.

Gerv

Jared Hirsch

Mar 2, 2016, 1:11:25 PM3/2/16
to Tim Guan-tin Chien, mozilla-d...@lists.mozilla.org, Gervase Markham
Yeah, providing more detail will help get better responses.

Also might want to ping the fxacct-dev list, no shortage of deep OAuth
knowledge over there