To select the right project for me and application for Outreachy 2016-17

Tayba Wasim

Sep 6, 2016, 12:01:55 PM9/6/16
to dev-w...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi Everyone !
I am a Computer Science student and would like to contribute to Mozilla
Webdev. I know HTML, CSS and Python. I have gone through
http://whatcanidoformozilla.org/#!/progornoprog/proglang but can't find the
appopriate project for me though I think I can contribute to Airmozilla.
Can you suggest me the appropriate project according to my skillsets?
I am unable to find the mailing list of AirMozilla. I am also an Outreachy
2016-17 aspirant.

IRC : #Tabs16

Kumar McMillan

Sep 6, 2016, 12:16:35 PM9/6/16
to Tayba Wasim, dev-webdev
On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 1:52 AM, Tayba Wasim <tab...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Everyone !
> I am a Computer Science student and would like to contribute to Mozilla
> Webdev. I know HTML, CSS and Python. I have gone through
> http://whatcanidoformozilla.org/#!/progornoprog/proglang but can't find
> the
> appopriate project for me though I think I can contribute to Airmozilla.
> Can you suggest me the appropriate project according to my skillsets?

Hi Tayba, thanks for reaching out! You're on the right path on the
whatcanido site. Most of our Python projects also have a web component
(HTML, CSS). If you go to the Python section (
http://whatcanidoformozilla.org/#!/progornoprog/proglang/py/) and keep
clicking the blue 'show me something else' button then you'll be able to
cycle through all other Python related projects until you find something
interesting.

Here's a list of just the WebDev related ones (but you'll see more on
whatcanido): https://wiki.mozilla.org/Webdev/GetInvolved

> I am unable to find the mailing list of AirMozilla. I am also an Outreachy
> 2016-17 aspirant.

I think sometime later this week you'll be able to see all Outreachy
proposals. That is, the proposals were finalized last week so I think they
will be made public soon.