WebSocket Monitoring Tool

odv...@gmail.com

Nov 20, 2015, 10:51:34 AM11/20/15
to mozilla-d...@lists.mozilla.org
Just a brief announcement that a tool for WebSocket monitoring has been recently released. The tool is implemented as an extension to Firefox DevTools and requires at least Firefox 42 (current DevEdition).

Description of all related features + screenshots:
https://github.com/firebug/websocket-monitor/wiki

Download:
https://github.com/firebug/websocket-monitor/releases

We'd love to hear feedback from you!

Honza

Peter Bengtsson

Nov 20, 2015, 10:57:41 AM11/20/15
to odv...@gmail.com, mozilla-d...@lists.mozilla.org
I'd love to try this but since it's not signed I can't install it.
Wasn't there a about:config setting you can toggle to disable all add-on
signage security?

Peter Bengtsson
Mozilla Web Engineering

David Burns

Nov 20, 2015, 11:01:05 AM11/20/15
to Peter Bengtsson, mozilla-d...@lists.mozilla.org, odv...@gmail.com
set xpinstall.signatures.required to false in about:config.

David

On 20 November 2015 at 15:57, Peter Bengtsson <pbeng...@mozilla.com>

Kumar McMillan

Nov 20, 2015, 6:42:07 PM11/20/15
to odv...@gmail.com, mozilla-d...@lists.mozilla.org

> On Nov 20, 2015, at 9:51 AM, odv...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> Just a brief announcement that a tool for WebSocket monitoring has been recently released. The tool is implemented as an extension to Firefox DevTools and requires at least Firefox 42 (current DevEdition).
>
> Description of all related features + screenshots:
> https://github.com/firebug/websocket-monitor/wiki
>
> Download:
> https://github.com/firebug/websocket-monitor/releases
>
> We'd love to hear feedback from you!

Hi.
Was there any specific reason why it’s not signed? You can upload an add-on to addons.mozilla.org and mark it as ‘unlisted’ and you’ll get a signed XPI. https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Add-ons/Distribution <https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Add-ons/Distribution> We also have a jpm sign command in the works https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Add-ons/SDK/Tools/jpm#jpm_sign <https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Add-ons/SDK/Tools/jpm#jpm_sign> which will allow automation (it works from the repo and should be released to npm after next week).
signature.asc

Jan Odvarko

Nov 24, 2015, 5:16:22 AM11/24/15
to mozilla-d...@lists.mozilla.org
New version of WebSocket Monitor 0.4.3 is available

* WS Connect and Disconnect events are also displayed in the UI
* WAMP protocol is supported

Honza

Jan Odvarko

Nov 24, 2015, 5:16:45 AM11/24/15
On Saturday, November 21, 2015 at 12:42:07 AM UTC+1, Kumar McMillan wrote:
> Hi.
> Was there any specific reason why it's not signed? You can upload an add-on to addons.mozilla.org and mark it as 'unlisted' and you'll get a signed XPI.

I tried to use `jpm xpi` command to get signed version. The process went without a problem (I am using my credentials), but when I try to install the generated/downloaded XPI the browser still says:

This add-on could not be installed because it has not been verified.

Note that previous version of the add-on is uploaded and awaiting full review (this add-on is new so, it's the first review).

Honza

jry...@gmail.com

Feb 24, 2016, 3:45:07 PM2/24/16
to mozilla-d...@lists.mozilla.org
This add-on has passed review, so it should be much easier to try out now:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/websocket-monitor/

- Ryan