Treeherder prod push(es)

Ed Morley

May 30, 2015, 8:06:32 AM5/30/15
to dev-tree-...@lists.mozilla.org
Treeherder has had a quite a few deploys since the last email.

Notable user-facing changes:
* UI responsiveness/performance has been improved, particularly when
* The TinderboxPrint stats have now moved to a new "Job Details" tab.
* Links to Github commits are now fixed.
* In-page notifications (eg for retriggers) have been improved.
* When logs have not yet been parsed for a job, links to the raw log have
been made more visible.
* OS X 10.7 builds are now correctly shown as 10.7 not 10.8.
* The way unique identifiers are generated for buildbot jobs (which don't
have consistent IDs across all of the data sources, so we have to make our
own) has been significantly improved. Data ingestion has also been made
more resilient in cases where bad data is present in the buildbot data
sources. These changes should prevent the 'stuck' / 'orphaned' pending and
running jobs.
* Log viewer: Scrolling behaviour has been improved.
* API: Added support for the submission of pre-parsed logs (ie instead of
non-buildbot submitters having to create fake buildbot-like logs, they can
now submit an error excerpt directly, for which we'll generate bug
suggestions).
* Perfherder: Added navigation UI between Perfherder and Treeherder.
* Perfherder: Added a 'compare-talos' like feature.
* Perfherder: Many other fixes.

For the full list of changes (200+ commits), see:
https://github.com/mozilla/treeherder-ui/compare/b45d6cc...d120b61
https://github.com/mozilla/treeherder/compare/c71366a...dc08431
https://github.com/mozilla/treeherder/compare/347592a...797eb14
(treeherder-ui has now been merged into treeherder; I've split the compare
ranges to avoid false-positives)

If you see any issues, please file bugs in Tree Management::Treeherder*

Best wishes,

Ed

Ryan VanderMeulen

May 30, 2015, 10:07:22 AM5/30/15
to dev-tree-...@lists.mozilla.org
Love these emails, thanks for doing them.