Asynchronous Plugin Initialization is enabled by default on Aurora 39

Aaron Klotz

Apr 1, 2015, 10:05:16 PM4/1/15
to dev-tech...@lists.mozilla.org
-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Asynchronous Plugin Initialization is enabled by default on
Aurora 39
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2015 20:02:49 -0600
From: Aaron Klotz <akl...@mozilla.com>
To: dev-platform <dev-pl...@lists.mozilla.org>

Asynchronous initialization of NPAPI plugins is enabled by default on
desktop Aurora 39. It is controlled by the dom.ipc.plugins.asyncInit pref.

Since this feature is not yet 100% e10s compatible, the Aurora channel
is the first time that the feature is seeing widespread deployment.
Because of this, there has already been some fallout that I am fixing in
bug 1149358.

If there are any other lingering issues, they are probably going to be
observed during plugin instantiation. If you notice anything and need to
file a bug, please cc me and file it blocking bug 1116806 (alias
asyncplugininit).

Aaron