Firefox ESR 52 question

Valerie Beattie

Feb 27, 2017, 12:45:58 PM2/27/17
to dev-tech...@lists.mozilla.org
(tried posting this message earlier but it was apparently from an e-mail which was not the one I registered with.  Trying again . . . )
Like many on this list my company has a plugin which will no longer be supported in Firefox 52.  We are having customers change to Firefox ESR.  However our QA process also involves testing pre-release versions of browsers we support, but it does not seem to be possible to get a pre-release version for Firefox ESR 52? Can someone tell me how to do that?  I understand that ESR is really a variant of a main Firefox release, but in this case the variation (supporting plugins vs not) is a critical difference for us.
Thank you very much,Val Beattie

Chris Peterson

Feb 27, 2017, 4:20:42 PM2/27/17
On 2/27/2017 9:41 AM, Valerie Beattie wrote:
> (tried posting this message earlier but it was apparently from an e-mail which was not the one I registered with. Trying again . . . )
> Like many on this list my company has a plugin which will no longer be supported in Firefox 52. We are having customers change to Firefox ESR. However our QA process also involves testing pre-release versions of browsers we support, but it does not seem to be possible to get a pre-release version for Firefox ESR 52? Can someone tell me how to do that? I understand that ESR is really a variant of a main Firefox release, but in this case the variation (supporting plugins vs not) is a critical difference for us.

ESR release candidates builds will be available on the ftp server [1]
in directory called something like "esr52.X.0esr-candidates" in the week
or so before each ESR 52.X dot-release every six weeks.

In the meantime, pre-release-candidate builds of ESR 52.0.0 might be
available on [2] sooner.

[1] http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/candidates/
[2] https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/tinderbox-builds/