can't seem to init SQLite db with JSS 4.3.1

David Stutzman

Feb 1, 2010, 9:37:09 AM2/1/10
I recently built NSS 3.12.5/NSPR4.8.2 and JSS 4.3.1 on a RHEL4.8 system
(SUN JDK 1.6u18). certutil works fine with -d sql:., but JSS tosses an
exception when I try to initialize pointing to a (freshly created with
certutil) SQLite DB whereas it will initialize with the legacy db format.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.SecurityException: Unable to
initialize security library
at org.mozilla.jss.CryptoManager.initializeAllNative(Native Method)
at org.mozilla.jss.CryptoManager.initialize(CryptoManager.java:919)
at org.mozilla.jss.CryptoManager.initialize(CryptoManager.java:885)
at jsstest.Main.main(Main.java:21)
Java Result: 1

I thought an issue with SQLite support, but certutil can create and
access those types of DBs so it appears ok from the NSS side. *shrug*

Dave

glen beasley

Feb 5, 2010, 3:13:08 PM2/5/10
Hi David,

did you provide JSS with the string "sql" like you did with certutil -
d sql:.
or did could just set the environment variable NSS_DEFAULT_DB_TYPE=sql
and then you will not have to specify sql.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en/NSS_reference/NSS_environment_variables

-glen

On Feb 1, 6:37 am, David Stutzman <dstutz.m...@nospam.dstutz.com>