strange nss error

Chris Tomlin

Feb 6, 2017, 12:06:29 PM2/6/17
to mozilla-de...@lists.mozilla.org
Hello all,

I'm getting an NSS error in my httpd logs and it's a bit strange. The error I'm getting is this:

Misconfiguration of certificate's CN and virtual name. The certificate CN has server.name. We expected server.name as virtual name.

In this error above, server.name is mentioned twice and in both cases it's the same server name. So that's why it's confusing.

If anyone has any insight, I would love it since I cannot start my httpd service.

Chris

Martin Heaps

Feb 6, 2017, 4:10:55 PM2/6/17
to mozilla-de...@lists.mozilla.org
What have you tried to research to find a solution? Using some key words from your issue I have searched google and found a whole host of *possible* causes and solutions. Obviously I can't say much else as I don't know anything about your system, but I doubt many people can shed much light on this without knowing much more about your system.

Also, I don't mean to appear rude, but I never considered this Group akin to the Stack Exchange network. Perhaps you can find useful solutions on ServerFault or StackOverflow?

p.s.> does this help: http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/266838/troubles-with-certificates
And I read a lot of topics about this refering to mod_nss errors/issues.

Chris Tomlin

Feb 9, 2017, 7:06:23 PM2/9/17
to mozilla-de...@lists.mozilla.org
Thanks Martin for some pointers. I know I didn't provide as much info about my system as I could have but I thought possibly someone would have come across this same error without more details. So far I've Googled this error but there doesn't seem to be too much info on this specific error.