Problem with NSS and Oracle JDK 1.8.0update152

james.h....@gmail.com

Nov 9, 2017, 1:08:35 PM11/9/17
to mozilla-de...@lists.mozilla.org
I am using Mozilla NSS 3.23 to enable FIPS 140-2 cryptography for my Red Hat JBoss EAP 6.4 application server. JBoss is hosted on a Windows 2008 Server VM and I am using Oracle JDK 1.8.0_131.
Yesterday, I upgraded my JDK to 1.8.0_152 and am now getting the following error in my run.log:

Could not initialize nss at sun.security.pkcs11.SunPKCS11.<init>(SunPKCS11.java:212) [sunpkcs11.jar:1.8.0_161]

Specified module could not be found.

Has anyone else run across this error? Any help out there? I've submitted a support ticket with Red Hat, but am uncertain whether they will help since it's not really their software.

James Covington

Nov 10, 2017, 10:22:22 AM11/10/17
to mozilla-de...@lists.mozilla.org
Please disregard, the only problem was the script I had written to do the installation inadvertently added an invalid character to my PATH environment variable. Problem solved.