nss build problem: could not open file certdata.c

kytin...@gmail.com

Feb 27, 2017, 12:12:41 PM2/27/17
to mozilla-de...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi, I have being building nss & nspr for windows using visual studio 2015. The nss & nspr i clone it from https://hg.mozilla.org/projects/nspr & https://hg.mozilla.org/projects/nss respectively at date 26/feb/2017. The gyp & ninja, I build it from https://chromium.googlesource.com/external/gyp & git://github.com/ninja-build/ninja.git at date 27/feb/2017. I also use the mozilla make tools download from mozilla website.

I have actually found that something wrong with the auto generated file nss\out\release\obj\lib\ckfw\builtins\nssckbi.ninja at line 70, which is "..\..\..\out\Release\obj\lib\ckfw\builtins\nssckbi.gen/certdata.c". After doing some modification I found that in order for it to work, it need to be changed to "../../../out/Release/obj/lib/ckfw/builtins/nssckbi.gen/certdata.c" instead.

May I know if this is a bug, or if there's something I didn't configure right?

Tim Taubert

Feb 27, 2017, 2:48:59 PM2/27/17
to kytin...@gmail.com, mozilla-de...@lists.mozilla.org
You might have more success with the "old" Makefile build system. GYP
(i.e. build.sh) works well on Linux and macOS so far, but we haven't
finished Windows integration just yet.

- Tim

Franziskus Kiefer

Mar 2, 2017, 6:55:06 AM3/2/17
to Tim Taubert, kytin...@gmail.com, mozilla-de...@lists.mozilla.org
As Tim said said, the old Makefiles should work fine.
If you want to try the new builds system on Windows you need to install gyp
[1], strawberry perl [2], and ninja [3], and add them to the path. We work
on making the new system easier to use on Windows. But for now installing
those dependencies should work.

[1] https://chromium.googlesource.com/external/gyp.git
[2] http://strawberryperl.com/
[3] https://chromium.googlesource.com/external/gyp.git

kytin...@gmail.com

Mar 3, 2017, 3:33:01 AM3/3/17
to mozilla-de...@lists.mozilla.org
I actually did install the latest gyp & ninja, but I use the perl.exe come from the Mozilla build tool instead. In the end the "unable to open file certdata.c" was resolved by installing the latest strawberry perl, I think the perl in the latest Mozilla build tools is quite old. After further building, I still get some other bugs, but I eventually switch to legacy build method, and has being successful.