a cert write into database has no nickname

Skip to the first unread message

Kelly

25 Aug 2015, 22:33:5725/08/2015
to hka...@redhat.com, dev-se...@lists.mozilla.org
Dear Hubert,
I use pk12util to write a p12 cert into nssdb, and reply ok.
the p12 cert is include two certificates and private key, when i wrote, i use "pk12util -i p12file -n nickname -d sql:./nssdb/"
it reply ok.
when i use "certutil -L -d sql:./nssdb/" to list all cert, it display two certs one has default nickname, but another is "(NULL)",
and the "(NULL)" cert can not be delete by "certutil -D -n (NULL) -d sql:./nssdb/", could you tell me why? thank you!

Hubert Kario

26 Aug 2015, 06:22:0426/08/2015
to Kelly, dev-se...@lists.mozilla.org
could you give me the exact command you used to create the PKCS#12 file?
(or the pkcs12 file itself if you used a test cartificate)

Since () are shell characters, I'm assuming you actually did run
certutil -D -n '(NULL)' -d sql:./nssdb/
--
Regards,
Hubert Kario