dont know what to do with it looks fishy

Saltwater Outdoors

Feb 27, 2017, 12:12:40 PM2/27/17
to dev-se...@lists.mozilla.org
Hey when I use foxfire nad open a few tabs every so often I get a page
redirected to what looks like foxfire page "update"

and the pop up says you agree to install update for foxfire.

But the address is http://poocabenri.com

The page it redirects me to has the same address but with more extensions
behind it.

I searched for this address on google and it says no such address.

Not sure if it a legitimate update or not.

Thanks

Scott W

Andrew McCreight

Feb 27, 2017, 2:04:28 PM2/27/17
to Saltwater Outdoors, dev-se...@lists.mozilla.org
It sounds like some malware has changed your Firefox settings to direct you
to a bad website.

Refresh Firefox can help you reset some of these settings which might fix
your problem:
https://support.mozilla.org/t5/Procedures-to-diagnose-and-fix/Refresh-Firefox-reset-add-ons-and-settings/ta-p/23405/page/2/show-comments/true

If that doesn't fix it, you should try getting help from the Mozilla
Support website:
https://support.mozilla.org

People there will be more familiar with fixing these sorts of issue.

On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 9:53 AM, Saltwater Outdoors <swfis...@gmail.com>

Martin Heaps

Apr 30, 2017, 6:15:45 AM4/30/17
to mozilla-de...@lists.mozilla.org
If it's Malware you should run by Malware-Bytes and see if they turn up anything. Try also turning off all of your Firefox plugins just incase one of them has alterior motives (and if you find which one, obviously report it).

Also, (mainly for anyone else) if you're "not sure" something's legitimate, it's not.
Good luck.