DRAFT: Notice to CAs about CCADB changes May 19-21

Kathleen Wilson

May 18, 2017, 1:08:32 PM5/18/17
to mozilla-dev-s...@lists.mozilla.org
All,

Below is the draft email that I plan to send later today, after we have final confirmation from Salesforce regarding these proposed changes.

I will appreciate your feedback on this.

Thanks,
Kathleen

--------
Subject: Common CA Database (CCADB) changes May 19-21, 2017

Dear Certification Authority,

The Common CA Database (CCADB) will undergo the following changes this weekend, May 19 to May 21. During this time, the old URLs listed below will stop working, and there will be some time when the CCADB is in read-only mode.

On May 19 the following three breaking changes are planned, meaning that the old URLs will no longer work. Any links or bookmarks to these URLs will need to be updated. After these changes are made, I will also update Mozilla's wiki pages to point to the new URLs.

1) The CA login page and the domain CAs see when they are logged into the CCADB will change.
https://mozillacacommunity.force.com/
will be changed to
https://ccadb.force.com/

2) The links to reports that are published directly from the CCADB will change.
https://mozillacaprogram.secure.force.com/CA/
will be changed to
https://ccadb-public.secure.force.com/mozilla/

3) The links to CA communication responses that are published directly from the CCADB will change.
https://mozillacaprogram.secure.force.com/Communications
will be changed to
https://ccadb-public.secure.force.com/mozillacommunications

Then on May 21 between 12am and 4am PDT, the CCADB will be in read-only mode while Salesforce performs an instance refresh to upgrade the infrastructure supporting the CCADB instance in their data centers.

Regards,
Kathleen
--------

Kathleen Wilson

May 18, 2017, 5:39:05 PM5/18/17
On Thursday, May 18, 2017 at 10:08:32 AM UTC-7, Kathleen Wilson wrote:
> All,
>
> Below is the draft email that I plan to send later today, after we have final confirmation from Salesforce regarding these proposed changes.

We received confirmation from Salesforce that these changes to the URLs will happen at about 1:00pm PDT on May 19.

I have sent email to the CA Contacts who have active CCADB CA Community Licenses.

I also added this email to https://wiki.mozilla.org/CA/Communications

Cheers,
Kathleen

Kathleen Wilson

May 19, 2017, 5:08:27 PM5/19/17
to mozilla-dev-s...@lists.mozilla.org
On Thursday, May 18, 2017 at 10:08:32 AM UTC-7, Kathleen Wilson wrote:

> On May 19 the following three breaking changes are planned, meaning that the old URLs will no longer work. Any links or bookmarks to these URLs will need to be updated. ...
>
> 1) The CA login page and the domain CAs see when they are logged into the CCADB will change.
> https://mozillacacommunity.force.com/
> will be changed to
> https://ccadb.force.com/
>
> 2) The links to reports that are published directly from the CCADB will change.
> https://mozillacaprogram.secure.force.com/CA/
> will be changed to
> https://ccadb-public.secure.force.com/mozilla/
>
> 3) The links to CA communication responses that are published directly from the CCADB will change.
> https://mozillacaprogram.secure.force.com/Communications
> will be changed to
> https://ccadb-public.secure.force.com/mozillacommunications

These changes have happened, and I have updated the wiki pages with the correct links:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/CA:CommonCADatabase
https://wiki.mozilla.org/CA/Intermediate_Certificates
https://wiki.mozilla.org/CA/Communications

Kathleen

Kathleen Wilson

May 24, 2017, 12:25:24 PM5/24/17
to mozilla-dev-s...@lists.mozilla.org
I've been receiving questions about this update, so hopefully the following will clarify...

CAs now login to the CCADB at this URL:
https://ccadb.force.com

There is no login required to view the public-facing reports and the responses to the CA Communications. The links to those have been updated in the following wiki pages:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/CA/Included_Certificates
https://wiki.mozilla.org/CA/Intermediate_Certificates
https://wiki.mozilla.org/CA/Removed_Certificates