Security attacks on Firefox.

John T. McF. Mood AA4PC

Jul 1, 2016, 10:21:31 PM7/1/16
to dev-secur...@lists.mozilla.org
A web site or two out there is spawning a false (probably malicious)
patch to Firefox. I will give you what I can.

https://eijugonsemi.net/495416513016/3538a5ce1e43f7196a2500a98cfe73ad.html

-- This link starts a download to the "Patch". I of course refused to
download or run the "Patch".

The web page I was on that spawned this was:

http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/leaked-outrage-michelle-obamas-moroccan-vacation/?utm_source=SailThru%26utm_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=TPI%20Newsletter%2007-01-16%20Best%20of%20Week%20Friday%20Sends&utm_term=New%20Friday%20Active%20Users

I'm not sure what the trigger on that page is, it may be a rollover, a
non-clicked event, or closing an annoying advert, but it did spawn from
this page.

I also got many "Script Non-responsive warnings" about that page.