Announcing TLS Canary 3.0

mwobe...@mozilla.com

Apr 24, 2017, 12:10:54 PM4/24/17
to mozilla-dev-s...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi all,

TLS Canary is a tool that finds Firefox SSL regressions.

We run the tool on a regular basis, at a minimum post-branch and sporadically during the release cycle. Results of runs are posted to a public web site [1].

We use the canary to gauge impact of proposed changes to our TLS stack, with regard to things such as certificate revocation, security hardening, cipher suites, and other potential compatibility issues. The results can be used to help drive product decisions.

Now that the TLS Canary codebase is hosted in a public Mozilla repo [2], we are appealing to interested participants for feedback and contribution.

We have lots of Q2 features planned and are always looking for ideas.

Thanks,

CR and Matt

[1] https://tlscanary.mozilla.org
[2] https://github.com/mozilla/tls-canary