Removed roots

Peter Bowen

Feb 7, 2015, 6:02:52 PM2/7/15
to dev-secur...@lists.mozilla.org
There are currently spreadsheets for roots that are included in the
Mozilla trust store and roots have applied to be in the trust store.
Is there any tracking of roots that were removed? How about any time
one of the trust bits or EV policy IDs are removed? (I'm not sure
that the later has ever happened.)

Thanks,
Peter

Kathleen Wilson

Mar 18, 2015, 7:05:46 PM3/18/15
to mozilla-dev-s...@lists.mozilla.org
I have not been tracking when trust bits are turned off, or when roots
have been removed. We should be able to mine Bugzilla to get such history.

What would you do with that data?

I think that to date EV policy IDs have only been removed when the root
has been removed.

Kathleen

Peter Bowen

Mar 18, 2015, 9:02:11 PM3/18/15
to Kathleen Wilson, mozilla-dev-s...@lists.mozilla.org
On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 4:04 PM, Kathleen Wilson <kwi...@mozilla.com> wrote:
> On 2/7/15 3:02 PM, Peter Bowen wrote:
>>
> I have not been tracking when trust bits are turned off, or when roots have
> been removed. We should be able to mine Bugzilla to get such history.
>
> What would you do with that data?

I was mostly interested in the removed roots data to help compare CA
acceptance. There is a notable difference between "not yet included"
and "removed".

Thanks,
Peter