[Crosspost/FYI] Name redaction in CT logs

Ryan Sleevi

Mar 31, 2016, 10:36:53 PM3/31/16
to mozilla-dev-s...@lists.mozilla.org
Given the broad interests and community here, I just wanted to let everyone know that we on the Chrome team are soliciting feedback and thoughts on policies regarding name redaction (aka "hiding the DNS name") in certificates when logged via Certificate Transparency.

This discussion has started at https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/d/msg/ct-policy/vsTzv8oNcws/g96TSYPjCAAJ , and would like to ask that you post any replies to that list.

While this is seeking to form an appropriate Chrome policy, given that such policies may also end up affecting or informing any Mozilla policies, particularly as support for CT is landing in Firefox, it seemed appropriate to cross-post here to solicit feedback, criticisms, use cases, concerns, etc.

Thanks