Expired Servers Certificates

David E. Ross

Jul 24, 2015, 1:46:28 AM7/24/15
to mozilla-dev-s...@lists.mozilla.org
In Certificate Manager, on the Servers tab, I see a number of
certificates that were apparently placed there to force distrust. Most
of them have expired. Are they still needed?

--
David E. Ross

The Crimea is Putin's Sudetenland.
The Ukraine will be Putin's Czechoslovakia.
See <http://www.rossde.com/editorials/edtl_PutinUkraine.html>.

Gervase Markham

Jul 28, 2015, 4:56:11 AM7/28/15
On 24/07/15 06:45, David E. Ross wrote:
> In Certificate Manager, on the Servers tab, I see a number of
> certificates that were apparently placed there to force distrust. Most
> of them have expired. Are they still needed?

Yes, because the UI treatment of an expired certificate is different to
that of a distrusted/revoked certificate.

Gerv