Policy 2.4 Proposal: Replace all occurrences of 'CA' with "Certification Authority' when that is the intended meaning

Gervase Markham

Nov 30, 2016, 4:33:55 PM11/30/16
to mozilla-dev-s...@lists.mozilla.org
We need to be clear in our terminology. The policy itself uses "CA" (or
"issuing CA" or "subordinate CA") to refer to the organization and "CA
certificate" to refer to the certificate fairly consistently. The two
exceptions which need fixing are:

Inclusion point 5 ("additional CAs")
Inclusion point 18 ("CA hierarchy") x 2

We should update those to "additional CA certificates" and "CA
certificate hierarchy" respectively. I think that then the policy will
be internally consistent.

This is: https://github.com/mozilla/pkipolicy/issues/40

-------

This is a proposed update to Mozilla's root store policy for version
2.4. Please keep discussion in this group rather than on Github. Silence
is consent.

Policy 2.3 (current version):
https://github.com/mozilla/pkipolicy/blob/2.3/rootstore/policy.md
Update process:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/CA:CertPolicyUpdates

Gervase Markham

Dec 8, 2016, 3:11:22 PM12/8/16
On 30/11/16 11:33, Gervase Markham wrote:
> We should update those to "additional CA certificates" and "CA
> certificate hierarchy" respectively. I think that then the policy will
> be internally consistent.
>
> This is: https://github.com/mozilla/pkipolicy/issues/40

Result: resolved as proposed.

Gerv