RTL support on Firefox for iOS and Focus Android

Delphine Lebédel

Mar 15, 2017, 7:17:44 PM3/15/17
to mozilla...@lists.mozilla.org
Seems like work is kicking off in terms of RTL support now for both Firefox for iOS and Focus for Android.

If you're interested at all in getting involved (ranging from testing to bug fixing) please get in contact with me and I'll get you plugged in.

thank you!
delphine

Amir Farsi

Mar 16, 2017, 1:15:30 AM3/16/17
to mozilla...@lists.mozilla.org, Delphine Lebédel
Hi.
I like to test Firefox Focus on Android. and report it's problems. If you wanted, i can test it.
I have two versions of Android on my devices:
1-Android 4.4.1 on a Galaxy tab 3
2.Android 5.1 on a huawei TIT-AL00 phone
3-Android 4.4.2 on a LG L30 / D125 phone

Thanks.
Amir Farsi
Member of persian l10n team

Subject: RTL support on Firefox for iOS and Focus Android
To: mozilla...@lists.mozilla.org
Date: Thursday, March 16, 2017, 2:47 AM

Amir Farsi

Mar 16, 2017, 1:22:13 AM3/16/17
to mozilla...@lists.mozilla.org, Delphine Lebédel, Amir Farsi
Exuse me.
Edit;
On Galaxy Tab 3 i have Android 4.4.2 also, not 4.4.1.
In addition:
On Huawei phone(Android 5.1) and LaG D125 i have an Android wirh native persian language support in android ui.
But on Galaxy tab 3 i have Android which supporting persian languge in it's keyboard not ui.

To: mozilla...@lists.mozilla.org, "Delphine Lebédel" <lebedel....@gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, March 16, 2017, 8:44 AM

Delphine L

Mar 16, 2017, 4:10:01 PM3/16/17
to Amir Farsi, mozilla...@lists.mozilla.org
Thanks Amir! I'll add you to the Buddybuilds for testing Focus for Android.
For Firefox for iOS testing, you'll need an iOS device, running v9 or above. You can also test using a simulator on Mac.

I'll add you to the Buddybuilds already for Focus on Android - and if you have an iOS device send me directly your preferred email and we have test builds for those as well.

thanks!
delphine
--
Delphine

Amir Farsi

Mar 18, 2017, 12:04:41 PM3/18/17
to Delphine L, mozilla...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi Delphine.
I haven't any iOS devices and Mac. As result, I can only test Firefox Focus for Android.

I tested Firefox Focus for Android with Persian language on Android 5.1 ; it seams Firefox Focus isn't compatible with Android 4.4.2 because I couldn't install it on Android 4.4.2. It shows this error on Android 4.4.2 : "There was a problem parsing the package".

I should inform you that Firefox Focus for Android is fully compatible with RTL languages. Because the direction of sentences are true and there isn't any problem which is directly related to RTL compatibility.

But I found some bugs in the Firefox Focus for Android with Persian language that are not related to RTL directly. I reported them in Bugzilla:
In addition because SUMO is migrating to new CMS, it's bugs effected on Mozilla products such as Firefox Focus for Android when it's language is not English. For more info, you can look at these two bugs:

In addition, I should inform you that when I installed Firefox Focus on Android, it's name in main menu of Android is Focus (Beta) under it's icon. I found a bug in Bugzilla which said name of Focus should be change to Firefox Focus. I saw name of app in it's main screen and about page is Firefox Focus, I don't know if name of App under it's icon in Android menu is Focus (Beta), it's a bug or it' ok?

Suggestion: Please make two categories in Bugzilla, which named Focus for Android and Focus for iOS. Now in Bugzilla we have only one category named Focus. I selected it inevitably!

Thanks.
Amir.

------------------------------ --------------
On Thu, 3/16/17, Amir Farsi <amir_...@ymail.com> wrote:

--
Delphine

Amir Farsi

Mar 18, 2017, 1:25:42 PM3/18/17
to Delphine L, mozilla...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi Delphine.
How can i update the version of app? Will Buddybuilds send latest version for me? Because some translations in app are old!!
Amir.

Delphine L

Mar 20, 2017, 1:48:26 PM3/20/17
to Amir Farsi, mozilla...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi Amir,

Thanks so much for your help with this - very much appreciated.

You should get notifications to update BuddyBuilds every time one is
available. Please get in touch with me directly (so, not here on the
ML) if you run into any more issues with this :)

thank you!
delphine
--
Delphine