Treestatus replacing tinderbox for tree closure - if you need access but don't yet have it, please let me know!

Ed Morley

Jun 8, 2012, 2:02:30 PM6/8/12
Treestatus (http://treestatus.mozilla.org) will soon be replacing Tinderbox as the means to open/close and set status messages for all mozilla-* trees, as well as the Thunderbird parts of the comm-* trees [1]. catlee++ :-D

This is one of the last steps (for mozilla-* trees at least) for moving away from tinderbox \o/

If you currently have the sheriff password for tinderbox, still need access & haven't yet had your BrowserID email added to Treestatus, please let me know [2] via bug 758886, IRC (:edmorley) or email.

Cheers,

Ed

[1] SeaMonkey and other c-c projects (if they choose to switch), will be doing so later on.

[2] The list of people on the sheriffpass bug is fairly out of date, includes people whose projects aren't yet switching and b.m.o emails don't necessarily match people's BrowserID email - so I won't be adding people automatically. The most active sheriffs, some people from RelEng & those in the CC changes for bug 758886 comment 3 have been added already.

Ed Morley

Aug 21, 2012, 3:32:54 PM8/21/12
On Friday, 8 June 2012 19:02:30 UTC+1, Ed Morley wrote:
> Treestatus (http://treestatus.mozilla.org) will soon be replacing Tinderbox as the means to open/close and set status messages for all mozilla-* trees, as well as the Thunderbird parts of the comm-* trees [1]. catlee++ :-D
>
> This is one of the last steps (for mozilla-* trees at least) for moving away from tinderbox \o/

This switch has just taken place in bug 782239.

To open and close the trees, you now need to use:
https://treestatus.mozilla.org/

Authentication is performed using BrowserID/Persona - if you've missed the previous sheriffpass bug reminders / dev.platform post, please see bug 758886 for how to obtain permissions.

This switch means that we are one step closing to ditching tinderbox & makes the sheriff's lives much easier, since multiple trees can have their state changed simultaneously (eg for an infra-caused tree closure), status messages can now be saved/restored & we have a proper API! [1]

A big thank you to catlee, ted, standard8, graememcc, Swatinem & bkero for treestatus/hg+tbpl patches/reviews/pushes to production :-)

Ed

[1] API info: https://treestatus.mozilla.org/help