How can I run Firefox programatically in fullscreen?

Armen Zambrano Gasparnian

Jun 26, 2017, 5:12:23 PM6/26/17
Asking around, looking on dxr or MDN did not yield something easily.

I don't want to have to use Marionette in this specific automation context.

Thanks in advance,
Armen

Xidorn Quan

Jun 26, 2017, 8:23:00 PM6/26/17
to dev-pl...@lists.mozilla.org
On Tue, Jun 27, 2017, at 07:12 AM, Armen Zambrano Gasparnian wrote:
> Asking around, looking on dxr or MDN did not yield something easily.
>
> I don't want to have to use Marionette in this specific automation
> context.

Firefox cannot / shouldn't start in full screen mode because it is
tricky to get everything work properly on all platforms with that.

You can always set window.fullScreen to true in the top level browser
document after it shows up, though.

- Xidorn

Michael Cooper

Jun 26, 2017, 8:32:57 PM6/26/17
to Armen Zambrano Gasparnian, dev-pl...@lists.mozilla.org
I'm not sure this is quite what you're looking for, but for Corsica (the
software powering the ambient displays around the office) we do this by
setting the pref full-screen-api.allow-trusted-requests-only to false. This
then allows the webpage we load (Corsica) to immediately request full
screen using the normal DOM methods.

smaug

Jun 27, 2017, 5:50:45 AM6/27/17
to Armen Zambrano Gasparnian
Do you mean fullscreen in chrome level, or running web pages in fullscreen mode or perhaps just window maximized?

Armen Zambrano Gasparnian

Jun 27, 2017, 9:32:18 AM6/27/17
to Michael Cooper, dev-pl...@lists.mozilla.org
The main idea behind my question was to change the AWFY speedometer benchmark to start Firefox in full screen (since the score is dependent to window size).
After second thought, for this to work, I would also have to figure out how to make Chrome and Edge start maximized (my apologies; I used full screen when I should have meant maximized).
It would be ideal if I could figure out all three browsers, however, with other work and time constraints I will have to leave this idea on the side.

Thank you all for chiming in,
Armen