Intent to unship: DocumentType.internalSubset

Aryeh Gregor

Oct 12, 2015, 11:13:46 AM10/12/15
to dev-pl...@lists.mozilla.org, Ms2ger
The current DOM standard says DocumentType.internalSubset should be removed:

https://dom.spec.whatwg.org/#dom-documenttype-internalsubset

It looks like Chrome has already removed it:

http://codereview.chromium.org/282823004

It seems the change stuck, because my Chrome 45 doesn't support it.
This suggests it's safe to remove.

Jet Villegas

Oct 12, 2015, 1:36:50 PM10/12/15
to Aryeh Gregor, Ms2ger, dev-pl...@lists.mozilla.org
SGTM. It seems that the internal subset string was for non-HTML parsers to
use for whatever SGML/XML processing, so it should be OK to yank it from
the DOM. I can't find any docs on why it was added to the DOM in the first
place, so I can't comment on use cases we have to cover with an alternative
API.

--Jet