Notice: decommissioning git.mozilla.org

Jonathan Griffin

Jul 1, 2016, 2:11:45 PM7/1/16
to dev-pl...@lists.mozilla.org
We are planning to decommission git.mozilla.org. It was originally created
to serve the B2G project, but is no longer needed for that purpose, and
other uses have remained slight and don't justify the operational or
maintenance costs.

There is some work underway to migrate existing users to alternatives; this
is tracked in bugs that block https://bugzil.la/1277297. As soon as the
last of these is cleaned up, we'll be turning off git.mozilla.org. This
will likely occur the week of July 5th.

For futher details, see this dev-version-control thread:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mozilla.dev.version-control/H6_TWlWPQGk

Nicolas B. Pierron

Jul 1, 2016, 3:40:21 PM7/1/16
Would we keep maintaining the github mirror[1] of Gecko?

Are we planning to enforce git-cinnabar, even if this implies that we cannot
collaborate (yet) with other git repositories?

[1] https://github.com/mozilla/gecko-dev

Apparently git.mozilla.org/integration/gecko-dev.git is already lagging behind.

If like me you were using gecko-dev.git, you can switch to github using the
following command (assuming …/gecko-dev.git was named origin):

$ git remote set-url origin https://github.com/mozilla/gecko-dev.git

--
Nicolas B. Pierron

Jonathan Griffin

Jul 1, 2016, 3:55:47 PM7/1/16
to Nicolas B. Pierron, dev-pl...@lists.mozilla.org
There is no change to https://github.com/mozilla/gecko-dev or related
workflows. Only the git.mozilla.org mirror of this repo is going away.