Não é mais possível fazer postagens ou usar assinaturas novas da Usenet nos Grupos do Google. O conteúdo histórico continua disponível.

Upcoming rename of the marionette-client package to marionette-harness

16 visualizações
Pular para a primeira mensagem não lida

Henrik Skupin

não lida,
1 de dez. de 2016, 12:26:1901/12/2016
para tools-ma...@lists.mozilla.org, dev-platform
Hi,

Please note that we will soon rename the marionette-client Python
package to marionette-harness. This work is currently happening on bug
1320073. The reason for it is that there is lots of confusion between
the package names and the folder names in-tree:

> testing/marionette/client -> marionette-driver
> testing/marionette/harness -> marionette-client

As you can see we will fix one part only because we cannot rename
marionette-driver to marionette-client now. We may consider to do so for
Firefox 59 which is the overnext ESR release. But the changes for the
harness package will definitely also land for the 52 ESR release and as
such will be uplifted to mozilla-aurora soon.

What does it mean for you?
-------------------------------------

If your code is located in in the tree you don't have to do anything. My
patch will update every single instance where the old package name was used.

For external code you will have to update your package dependencies once
the code has been landed and the new package released to PyPI. If you
don't do so, no further updates will be available via PyPI.

In case you have questions please let us know.

Thanks,

--
Henrik Skupin
Senior Software Engineer

Xidorn Quan

não lida,
1 de dez. de 2016, 18:49:5601/12/2016
para dev-pl...@lists.mozilla.org
Note that this kind of changes may lead to weird Python error. We have
seen one in bug 1321468.

If you recently see any unexpected Python error when running mach
commands, try execute "./mach clobber python" first. ("./mach clobber"
would *not* work because it only purges things inside the objdir, no
*.pyc files elsewhere.)

- Xidorn

Henrik Skupin

não lida,
5 de dez. de 2016, 03:46:1705/12/2016
para Xidorn Quan, dev-pl...@lists.mozilla.org
Xidorn Quan wrote on 02/12/16 00:49:

> Note that this kind of changes may lead to weird Python error. We have
> seen one in bug 1321468.
>
> If you recently see any unexpected Python error when running mach
> commands, try execute "./mach clobber python" first. ("./mach clobber"
> would *not* work because it only purges things inside the objdir, no
> *.pyc files elsewhere.)

Thanks for following up on this topic! One thing I could suggest is to
simply get rid of the generation of .pyc files when running Python
commands. This can be done by exporting the following variable:

export PYTHONDONTWRITEBYTECODE=1

Henrik Skupin

não lida,
5 de dez. de 2016, 03:46:5105/12/2016
para Xidorn Quan, dev-pl...@lists.mozilla.org
Xidorn Quan wrote on 02/12/16 00:49:

> Note that this kind of changes may lead to weird Python error. We have
> seen one in bug 1321468.
>
> If you recently see any unexpected Python error when running mach
> commands, try execute "./mach clobber python" first. ("./mach clobber"
> would *not* work because it only purges things inside the objdir, no
> *.pyc files elsewhere.)

Thanks for following up on this topic! One thing I could suggest is to
simply get rid of the generation of .pyc files when running Python
commands. This can be done by exporting the following variable:

export PYTHONDONTWRITEBYTECODE=1

0 nova mensagem