Windows Address Sanitizer enabled on trunk

David Major

Jun 1, 2018, 3:14:27 PM6/1/18
to dev-platform
Bug 1360120 on inbound enables Windows ASan builds and tests on trunk branches.

Initially these are tier-2 while we confirm that this doesn't
introduce test flakiness. If nothing catches fire, I intend to bump
them to tier-1 in the near future.

You can run these jobs on try under the platform name "win64-asan" or
build locally with the mozconfig here:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Testing/Firefox_and_Address_Sanitizer#Creating_local_builds_on_Windows

If you're building ASan locally on Windows 10 version 1803, you'll
want to run mach bootstrap to pick up a fresh clang with an
1803-specific fix.

This platform has taken several years to stand up. Thank you to
everyone who helped out, especially Ehsan for getting this started and
Ting-Yu for working through a bunch of hurdles on automation.

Happy sanitizing!

Nicholas Nethercote

Jun 1, 2018, 9:52:47 PM6/1/18
to David Major, dev-platform
This is excellent news! Great work by all those involved.

Nick

Randell Jesup

Jun 18, 2018, 11:35:29 AM6/18/18
>Bug 1360120 on inbound enables Windows ASan builds and tests on trunk branches.
>This platform has taken several years to stand up. Thank you to
>everyone who helped out, especially Ehsan for getting this started and
>Ting-Yu for working through a bunch of hurdles on automation.
>
>Happy sanitizing!

A late response, but this is truly awesome.

--
Randell Jesup, Mozilla Corp
remove "news" for personal email

David Major

Jun 19, 2018, 9:21:51 AM6/19/18
to dev-platform
As of bug 1467126 these jobs are now running at tier 1.