Submit to MozReview using Git

Gregory Szorc

Feb 5, 2016, 3:24:34 PM2/5/16
to dev-platform, fx-team, dev-version-control
It is now possible to submit reviews to MozReview using Git. Instructions
are at
https://mozilla-version-control-tools.readthedocs.org/en/latest/mozreview/install-git.html

Bugs should be filed against Developer Services :: MozReview. #mozreview is
your support IRC channel.

Nicholas Alexander

Feb 5, 2016, 4:05:17 PM2/5/16
to Gregory Szorc, dev-platform, dev-version-control, fx-team
Wow! Great work gps and everybody else involved!

Nick

Wander Lairson Costa

Feb 12, 2016, 10:05:19 AM2/12/16
to Nicholas Alexander, fx-team, dev-platform, dev-version-control, Gregory Szorc
\o/

Cheers,
Wander

Tim Guan-tin Chien

Mar 2, 2016, 4:40:17 AM3/2/16
to Gregory Szorc, dev-platform, dev-version-control
Hi :gps,

I am following the description here and try to set up git-mozreview on my
local gecko-dev clone. Here is the error I got:

~/repo/gecko/gecko-dev master$ git mozreview configure
searching for appropriate review repository...
warning: error trying to resolve Mercurial changesets

Could you recommend how I should debug this? All repo was cloned yesterday
and git/mercurial are all up-to-date from Homebrew

$ git --version
git version 2.7.2
$ hg --version
Mercurial Distributed SCM (version 3.7.1)

Thanks!

Tim

On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 11:05 PM, Wander Lairson Costa <wco...@mozilla.com>

Ting-Yu Lin

Mar 2, 2016, 5:13:34 AM3/2/16
to Tim Guan-tin Chien, dev-platform, dev-version-control, Gregory Szorc
> ~/repo/gecko/gecko-dev master$ git mozreview configure
> searching for appropriate review repository...
> warning: error trying to resolve Mercurial changesets

I saw the same error before. After setting mozilla-central in my git repo
remote described in the following wiki, I can setup review repository
successfully. I'm not sure this is a require steps because the manual to
setup mozview by using git may assume the git repo was fresh cloned by
git-cinnabar.

https://github.com/glandium/git-cinnabar/wiki/Mozilla:-Using-a-git-clone-of-gecko%E2%80%90dev-to-push-to-mercurial#switching-to-git-cinnabar

Ting-Yu

Tim Guan-tin Chien

Mar 2, 2016, 11:25:20 PM3/2/16
to Ting-Yu Lin, dev-platform, dev-version-control, Gregory Szorc
Thanks for the pointer! I ended up re-do the cloning from hg instead.

I would recommend the mozreview docs points to these document and explicit
states the origin of local clone mozreview is supposedly to work with.

Tim

Gregory Szorc

Mar 7, 2016, 3:08:41 PM3/7/16
to Tim Guan-tin Chien, Ting-Yu Lin, dev-platform, dev-version-control, Gregory Szorc
I filed bug 1254249 to track improving this. It isn't high on my priority
list though, so if someone wants to take it, I'll happily review the patch!

On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 8:24 PM, Tim Guan-tin Chien <timd...@mozilla.com>