Volunteer maintainer wanted: mac x86

Benjamin Smedberg

Nov 30, 2016, 10:30:08 AM11/30/16
to dev-platform
As of Firefox 53, we are intending to switch Firefox on mac from a
universal x86/x86-64 build to a single-architecture x86-64 build.

To simplify the build system and enable other optimizations, we are
planning on removing support for universal mac build from the Mozilla build
system.

The Mozilla build and test infrastructure will only be testing the x86-64
codepaths on mac. However, we are willing to keep the x86 build
configuration supported as a community-supported (tier 3) build
configuration, if there is somebody willing to step forward and volunteer
as the maintainer for the port. The maintainer's responsibility is to
periodically build the tree and make sure it continues to run.

Please contact me directly (not on the list) if you are interested in
volunteering. If I do not hear from a volunteer by 23-December, the Mozilla
project will consider the Mac-x86 build officially unmaintained.

--BDS