Proposed W3C Charter: SVG Working Group

L. David Baron

Jun 23, 2017, 2:46:14 AM6/23/17
to dev-pl...@lists.mozilla.org
The W3C is proposing a new charter for:

Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) Working Group
https://www.w3.org/2017/04/svg-acreview-2017.html
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-new-work/2017Jun/0006.html

Mozilla has the opportunity to send comments or objections through
Monday, July 17. (Note that there was a previous review in
December; this proposal replaces the proposal in that review.)

Note that this charter reduces the scope of the SVG working group
(transferring all joint work between SVG and CSS to CSS only) with
the plan to use the time in the charter to complete SVG2, which now
includes the SVG Integration work.

Please reply to this thread if you think there's something we should
say as part of this charter review, or if you think we should
support or oppose it.

-David

--
𝄞 L. David Baron http://dbaron.org/ 𝄂
𝄢 Mozilla https://www.mozilla.org/ 𝄂

fantasai

Jul 2, 2017, 7:39:43 PM7/2/17
On 06/23/2017 02:44 AM, L. David Baron wrote:
> The W3C is proposing a new charter for:
>
> Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) Working Group
> https://www.w3.org/2017/04/svg-acreview-2017.html
> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-new-work/2017Jun/0006.html
>
> Mozilla has the opportunity to send comments or objections through
> Monday, July 17. (Note that there was a previous review in
> December; this proposal replaces the proposal in that review.)
>
> Note that this charter reduces the scope of the SVG working group
> (transferring all joint work between SVG and CSS to CSS only) with
> the plan to use the time in the charter to complete SVG2, which now
> includes the SVG Integration work.
>
> Please reply to this thread if you think there's something we should
> say as part of this charter review, or if you think we should
> support or oppose it.

I think you should ask Amelia Bellamy-Royds for her thoughts,
as I think her participation would be critical to the success
of the SVGWG and she likely has detailed insight into the
appropriateness of the charter and its various clauses.

I'll also note that as an Invited Expert she has not been asked
to comment on the proposed charter... while the CSSWG typically
invites all its members to review the charter prior to proposing
it to the AC, afaict this has not happened for the SVG charter [1].

[1] https://www.w3.org/Search/Mail/Public/search?type-index=www-svg&index-type=t&keywords=charter

~fantasai