Intent to unship: Canvas ImageBitmapRenderingContext

Morris Tseng

Oct 7, 2016, 3:34:58 AM10/7/16
to dev-pl...@lists.mozilla.org
In bug 1172796, we shipped ImageBitmapRenderingContext accidentally. Due to
spec change very rapidly. We would like to unship this feature until the
spec is ready. But unship a shipped feature is quite risky. So the unship
process is incremental and as follow:

1) In bug 1304767, we'll follow the latest spec of
ImageBitmapRenderingContext. And we'll add some deprecated warning to old
method. Then we'll add telemetry to measure the usage of
ImageBitmapRenderingContext.

2) Once the usage is low or none, putting this feature behind the pref.
This will be implemented in bug 1307628.

--
Morris

Ehsan Akhgari

Oct 7, 2016, 11:10:18 AM10/7/16
to Morris Tseng, dev-pl...@lists.mozilla.org
Thanks Morris!

As far as I know, no other engine has shipped this feature, is that correct?

Morris Tseng

Oct 10, 2016, 10:20:01 PM10/10/16
to Ehsan Akhgari, dev-pl...@lists.mozilla.org
Yes, that's correct.