Reminder: soft code freeze for Firefox 62 starts today, June 14

Liz Henry (:lizzard)

Jun 14, 2018, 2:52:56 PM6/14/18
to Firefox Dev, dev-platform, release-drivers
Hi y'all,

On June 18th, we will be merging Firefox 62 from mozilla-central to beta for
the first time. In order to avoid invalidating the testing we get out of
late
nightly and the early Developer Edition builds and to ensure that we can
roll
out Beta 62 to a wider audience with confidence, we'd like to ask that any
risky changes be avoided from June 14th until after the version bump to 63
on June 25th.

Some reminders for during the soft code freeze:

Do:
- Be ready to backout patches that cause crash spikes, new crashes,
severe regressions
- Monitor new regressions and escalate merge blockers
- Support release management by prioritizing fixing of merge blockers

Do Not:
- Land a risky patch or a large patch
- Land new features (that affects the current nightly version) — be
mindful that code behind NIGHTLY_BUILD or RELEASE_OR_BETA ifdefs can lead
to unexpected CI results
- Flip prefs that enable new Features that were untested in Nightly cycle
- Plan to kick off new experiments that might impact a feature's merge
readiness

Please let us know if you have any questions/concerns.

Thanks,
Release Management Team

--
----