Intent to unship nsIDOMEvent

Boris Zbarsky

Apr 20, 2018, 1:03:36 PM4/20/18
Building on Nika's awesome work in bug 1444991, I just landed some
patches to remove nsIDOMEvent (bug 1455052). xpidl should now use
"webidl Event"; C++ should use "mozilla::dom::Event".

Please do not use Ci.nsIDOMEvent in JS code. I have fixed the m-c uses
I found.

If you need Event in a non-window scope,
Cu.importGlobalProperties(["Event"]) will provide it.

-Boris

P.S. Generally speaking, we're aiming to remove nsIDOM* things. We're
down from 183 such files on esr52 to 108 on release, to 76 on beta, to
44 on m-c. So it's going pretty well. ;)