Intent to unship: getPropertyCSSValue-related interfaces Rect, RGBColor, CSSValue, CSSPrimitiveValue and CSSValueList

瀏覽次數:33 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Emilio Cobos Álvarez

未讀,
2018年5月15日 清晨5:23:342018/5/15
收件者:dev-pl...@lists.mozilla.org
Related to the unshipping of getPropertyCSSValue, in bug 1459871 I
intend to unexpose the following related interfaces from the platform:

Rect, RGBColor, CSSValue, CSSPrimitiveValue, CSSValueList

Instances of these objects could only be constructed via
getPropertyCSSValue, so they're not useful in any way anymore.

Regarding the possibility of people relying on its mere presence to do
some sort of browser detection, I'd say it's quite unlikely, given we're
in this weird situation where WebKit implements and exposes them but
Blink and Edge do not.

In any case, the native code backing the interfaces will remain in tree
for a bit more, so we could always roll back if it happens to break
something.

Let me know if there's any concern with proceeding.

-- Emilio
0 則新訊息