Survey Request: Legitimate?

David E. Ross

Mar 31, 2017, 11:06:10 AM3/31/17
I just received an E-mail message supposedly from the "BMO Team"
(bugzilla.mozilla.org??). It requests that I complete a survey. The
From address is <bugz...@e.mozilla.org>; note the "e". The survey is
supposedly at
<https://click.e.mozilla.org/?qs=7a1d21744c2b6ed97b0c784d91fb5873fc7b60989f9ff5fc0057ae965c5aca13592ffaf5042ee1e4faa27cc269cedbd5634e208192e38991>.

Is this truly from Mozilla? Is this legitimate?

Crossposted to mozilla.dev.mozilla-org and mozilla.dev.planning.
Followup-To mozilla.dev.planning

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com>

Consider:
* Most state mandate that drivers have liability insurance.
* Employers are mandated to have worker's compensation insurance.
* If you live in a flood zone, flood insurance is mandatory.
* If your home has a mortgage, fire insurance is mandatory.

Why then is mandatory health insurance so bad??

Emma Humphries

Mar 31, 2017, 11:44:31 AM3/31/17
to David E. Ross, dev-pl...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi David,

Yes, the survey is legitimate.

-- Emma

David E. Ross

Mar 31, 2017, 12:46:37 PM3/31/17
On 3/31/2017 8:44 AM, Emma Humphries wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> Yes, the survey is legitimate.
>
> -- Emma
>
>> On Mar 31, 2017, at 08:06, David E. Ross <nob...@nowhere.invalid> wrote:
>>
>> I just received an E-mail message supposedly from the "BMO Team"
>> (bugzilla.mozilla.org??). It requests that I complete a survey. The
>> From address is <bugz...@e.mozilla.org>; note the "e". The survey is
>> supposedly at
>> <https://click.e.mozilla.org/?qs=7a1d21744c2b6ed97b0c784d91fb5873fc7b60989f9ff5fc0057ae965c5aca13592ffaf5042ee1e4faa27cc269cedbd5634e208192e38991>.
>>

>> Is this truly from Mozilla? Is this legitimate?
>>
>> Crossposted to mozilla.dev.mozilla-org and mozilla.dev.planning.
>> Followup-To mozilla.dev.planning

Given that you are the source of the original E-mail message and that
your E-mail address does not appear as the Assignee, Reporter, QA
Contact, or Commenter for ANY bug report at bugzilla.mozilla.org -- open
or closed, for any classification, product, or component -- I need
someone else to confirm the legitimacy of this before I select the link
to the survey.

Gijs Kruitbosch

Mar 31, 2017, 12:59:13 PM3/31/17
On 31/03/2017 17:46, David E. Ross wrote:
> On 3/31/2017 8:44 AM, Emma Humphries wrote:
>> Hi David,
>>
>> Yes, the survey is legitimate.
>>
>> -- Emma
>>
>>> On Mar 31, 2017, at 08:06, David E. Ross <nob...@nowhere.invalid> wrote:
>>>
>>> I just received an E-mail message supposedly from the "BMO Team"
>>> (bugzilla.mozilla.org??). It requests that I complete a survey. The
>>> From address is <bugz...@e.mozilla.org>; note the "e". The survey is
>>> supposedly at
>>> <https://click.e.mozilla.org/?qs=7a1d21744c2b6ed97b0c784d91fb5873fc7b60989f9ff5fc0057ae965c5aca13592ffaf5042ee1e4faa27cc269cedbd5634e208192e38991>.
>>>

>>> Is this truly from Mozilla? Is this legitimate?
>>>
>>> Crossposted to mozilla.dev.mozilla-org and mozilla.dev.planning.
>>> Followup-To mozilla.dev.planning
>
> Given that you are the source of the original E-mail message and that
> your E-mail address does not appear as the Assignee, Reporter, QA
> Contact, or Commenter for ANY bug report at bugzilla.mozilla.org -- open
> or closed, for any classification, product, or component -- I need
> someone else to confirm the legitimacy of this before I select the link
> to the survey.

Last I checked, newsgroup from: emails aren't verified (case in point:
your email address of nob...@nowhere.invalid !), but in any case, Emma
is https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/user_profile?login=ehumphries and most
definitely has BMO activity.

~ Gijs

Lawrence Mandel

Mar 31, 2017, 12:59:37 PM3/31/17
to David E. Ross, dev-planning
On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 12:46 PM, David E. Ross <nob...@nowhere.invalid>
wrote:

> On 3/31/2017 8:44 AM, Emma Humphries wrote:
> > Hi David,
> >
> > Yes, the survey is legitimate.
> >
> > -- Emma
> >
> >> On Mar 31, 2017, at 08:06, David E. Ross <nob...@nowhere.invalid>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> I just received an E-mail message supposedly from the "BMO Team"
> >> (bugzilla.mozilla.org??). It requests that I complete a survey. The
> >> From address is <bugz...@e.mozilla.org>; note the "e". The survey is
> >> supposedly at
> >> <https://click.e.mozilla.org/?qs=7a1d21744c2b6ed97b0c784d91fb58
> 73fc7b60989f9ff5fc0057ae965c5aca13592ffaf5042ee1e4faa27cc269
> cedbd5634e208192e38991>.
> >>

> >> Is this truly from Mozilla? Is this legitimate?
> >>
> >> Crossposted to mozilla.dev.mozilla-org and mozilla.dev.planning.
> >> Followup-To mozilla.dev.planning
>
> Given that you are the source of the original E-mail message and that
> your E-mail address does not appear as the Assignee, Reporter, QA
> Contact, or Commenter for ANY bug report at bugzilla.mozilla.org -- open
> or closed, for any classification, product, or component -- I need
> someone else to confirm the legitimacy of this before I select the link
> to the survey.

I can confirm that this is a legitimate survey.

Here's a slice of my Bugzilla history in case this helps your verification:
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?list_id=13516589&emaillongdesc1=1&emailtype1=exact&emailassigned_to1=1&email1=lmandel%40mozilla.com&emailreporter1=1&query_format=advanced&emailqa_contact1=1

Lawrence

Anne van Kesteren

Mar 31, 2017, 1:00:06 PM3/31/17
to dev. planning
On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 6:46 PM, David E. Ross <nob...@nowhere.invalid> wrote:
> Given that you are the source of the original E-mail message and that
> your E-mail address does not appear as the Assignee, Reporter, QA
> Contact, or Commenter for ANY bug report at bugzilla.mozilla.org -- open
> or closed, for any classification, product, or component -- I need
> someone else to confirm the legitimacy of this before I select the link
> to the survey.

You could check the dev.planning archives. Anyway, it's an actual
survey, hosted on a mozilla.com subdomain (after redirects).

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/

WaltS48

Mar 31, 2017, 1:03:14 PM3/31/17
On 3/31/17 11:06 AM, David E. Ross wrote:
> I just received an E-mail message supposedly from the "BMO Team"
> (bugzilla.mozilla.org??). It requests that I complete a survey. The
> From address is <bugz...@e.mozilla.org>; note the "e". The survey is
> supposedly at
> <https://click.e.mozilla.org/?qs=7a1d21744c2b6ed97b0c784d91fb5873fc7b60989f9ff5fc0057ae965c5aca13592ffaf5042ee1e4faa27cc269cedbd5634e208192e38991>.
>

> Is this truly from Mozilla? Is this legitimate?

I would say it is legitimate.

<https://wiki.mozilla.org/Bugmasters>

Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Windows 10

David E. Ross

Mar 31, 2017, 1:45:45 PM3/31/17
On 3/31/2017 8:06 AM, David E. Ross wrote:
> I just received an E-mail message supposedly from the "BMO Team"
> (bugzilla.mozilla.org??). It requests that I complete a survey. The
> From address is <bugz...@e.mozilla.org>; note the "e". The survey is
> supposedly at
> <https://click.e.mozilla.org/?qs=7a1d21744c2b6ed97b0c784d91fb5873fc7b60989f9ff5fc0057ae965c5aca13592ffaf5042ee1e4faa27cc269cedbd5634e208192e38991>.
>

> Is this truly from Mozilla? Is this legitimate?
>
> Crossposted to mozilla.dev.mozilla-org and mozilla.dev.planning.
> Followup-To mozilla.dev.planning

OKAY! I will do it.

Gervase Markham

Apr 3, 2017, 5:50:59 AM4/3/17
Given that this server is inside the mozilla.org domain and therefore
the name is under the control of Mozilla, what circumstances can you
imagine where this survey would not be legitimate?

Gerv