CSS section of MDN localized in French and to be maintained

Julien Gattelier

Aug 8, 2016, 2:00:40 PM8/8/16
to dev-mdc
Hello all,

Back in March 2015, I bragged a bit about the JavaScript section being
localized in French etc.

It might be time *again* to brag about the CSS section's French
localization.
Since yesterday, every one of the 742 pages is available in fr,
synchronized with the en-US version thanks to the magic of status pages.
It took a few months to get there.

JS continues to be up-to-date as of today and I'll concentrate my effort
to update HTML and maintain those three sections (which I call
#OpérationTriforce).

If you read this mailing list and write/speak French and don't know how
to contribute, you could help with this :) And I'm sad this new
top-notch content of the Learning Area is not available in French yet... ;)

Again, I was not alone on this and many thanks to Xavier Delatour, Fred
Bourgeon and Thierry Régagnon who helped on this. Thanks to Jérémie for
hosting MercrediDocs too :), to Sebastian who prepared the field with
this CSSData beauty and thanks to everyone I'm forgetting :s

I think this is tweetable for @MozDevNet and I actually started
yesterday: https://twitter.com/Sphinx_Twitt/status/762375891343314944

On toward the third phase of #OpérationTriforce!

Respectfully,
Julien / Sphinx

Sebastian Zartner

Aug 8, 2016, 6:25:11 PM8/8/16
to Julien Gattelier, dev-mdc
Fantastic job Sphinx and everyone involved!
As always, you're are leading the translations. Congratulations!

Actually, I wanted to be the first one to complete the translation of the
CSS section (in German), but I obviously don't have a chance against the
French community. :-)
The German translation is still far away from completion. So, to all German
translators, let's catch up with our French friends!

Sebastian

On 8 August 2016 at 19:16, Julien Gattelier <julien.g...@gmail.com>

Florian Scholz

Aug 9, 2016, 4:44:08 AM8/9/16
to Julien Gattelier, dev-mdc
I said this in IRC already, but it deserves to be said again: Thanks for
all your continuous work here, Julien. I love how you made this your own
project over a very long period.

If I see it correctly, there are more than 300,000 people every month
reading your translations of the JavaScript and CSS documentation. Be
proud to serve this large audience! :)

Cheers!
Florian

Florian Scholz
Technical Writer
Mozilla Developer Network

Chris Mills

Aug 9, 2016, 4:48:07 AM8/9/16
to Florian Scholz, dev-mdc, Julien Gattelier
Our French contributors … god(desse)s amongst humans. Congrats to you all!

Chris Mills
Senior tech writer || Mozilla
developer.mozilla.org || MDN
cmi...@mozilla.com || @chrisdavidmills