What are you working on? Week of 2016-04-11

Janet Swisher

Apr 14, 2016, 7:07:46 AM4/14/16
to dev-mdc
This is a weekly thread for MDN contributors (both staff and volunteer)
to share what they've accomplished and what they're planning to do in
the current week.

Please mention:
* if anything is blocking you from what you want to do
* OR if something you're working on is tweetable, so that Danielle will
know to post it from @MozDevNet

--

Janet Swisher <mailto:jREMOVE...@mozilla.com>
Mozilla Developer Network <https://developer.mozilla.org>

Sebastian Zartner

Apr 14, 2016, 7:28:54 AM4/14/16
to Janet Swisher, dev-mdc
Basically I'm continuing on where I left off before my vacations.

*Accomplishments:*
- Fixed a few things in the MDN documentation tester extension
- Gave feedback on Will's MDN show cached drafts extension[1] and the MDN
Automatic Translation extension[2]

*Working on:*
- Finishing up CSS mask properties (bug 686281)
- Documenting some 'CSS' prefixed APIs (bug 1239840).

*Maybe also:*
- Documenting implementation status of SVG 2
- Updating and creating German translations in the CSS area

*Notes:*
- CSS_Ref (bug 1219197) still waiting for review by Jean-Yves (Jean-Yves,
if you read this, please come back to me about that)

Sebastian

PS: I am wondering why Gmail claims that your mail was sent two days ago.

[1] https://github.com/wbamberg/mdn-show-draft
[2] https://github.com/npny/mdn-automatic-translation

Chris Mills

Apr 14, 2016, 7:38:47 AM4/14/16
to Sebastian Zartner, dev-mdc, Janet Swisher
This week, I have

Written a bunch of new Learning Area material:

* https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Learn/CSS/Styling_text/Styling_links
* https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Learn/CSS/Styling_text/Web_fonts (currently in progress, should be finished by the end of the day.)

Done a load of work on the WebExtensions docs:

* Finished writing a new example extension to demonstrate the WebExtension storage API: https://github.com/chrisdavidmills/webextensions-examples/tree/master/quicknote
* Updated will’s 18n example WebExtension to make use of placeholders: https://github.com/chrisdavidmills/webextensions-examples/tree/master/notify-link-clicks-i18n
* Finished off the WebExtension i18n docs: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Add-ons/WebExtensions/API/i18n, including updating the guide, and rewriting the message.json format reference

Chris Mills
Senior tech writer || Mozilla
developer.mozilla.org || MDN
cmi...@mozilla.com || @chrisdavidmills

Eric Shepherd

Apr 14, 2016, 10:33:02 AM4/14/16
to Janet Swisher, dev-mdc
I have been making good progress on the WebRTC reference documentation
(with touches here and there on the guide content when it just made
sense to put something there instead of listing it on six different
reference pages). I continue to work on that this week. That's about it. :)

Senior Technical Writer
Mozilla Developer Network <https://developer.mozilla.org/>
Blog: https://www.bitstampede.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/sheppy
Doodle: http://doodle.com/the.sheppy

Julien Sphinx

Apr 15, 2016, 2:06:21 AM4/15/16
to Janet Swisher, dev-mdc
Hello all,

Once again, maintaining the JS docs in French and progressing on the CSS Reference (where I hope to progress further that week-end)
Also bugging Florian and Sebastian about the mdn documentation tester addon :)

Once again, if you're interested in French localization, the Learning Area could need some attention.

Tweets idea... well I'm seeing a lot of ES6 oriented tweets so maybe linking to https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/tag/ECMAScript6 might be interesting to say "there is all of this about ECMAScript 2015 / ES6 :)"

Respectfully,
Julien

> Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2016 10:32:54 -0400
> From: eshe...@mozilla.com
> To: jswi...@mozilla.com
> CC: dev...@lists.mozilla.org
> Subject: Re: [dev-mdc] What are you working on? Week of 2016-04-11

Danielle Vincent

Apr 15, 2016, 1:29:26 PM4/15/16
to Julien Sphinx, dev-mdc, Janet Swisher
I’ll schedule that! thank you!

People love learning about ES6. The other day, a developer wrote “I hear a lot of people complaining about ES6. Either learn it or get left behind.” (paraphrasing)

Cheers,
Danielle
dvin...@mozilla.com