Redirection to WebExtension API pages

viswaprasath

Jan 17, 2017, 12:26:07 PM1/17/17
to dev...@lists.mozilla.org, dev-a...@mozilla.org
Dear Contributors,

We all know Firefox Add-ons are moving to WebExtension model. And in MDN we
have started showing the Message like below

We are planning to deprecate the use by Firefox add-ons of the techniques
> described in this document.
>
> Don't use these techniques to develop new add-ons. Use WebExtensions
> <https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Add-ons/WebExtensions> instead.
>
> If you maintain an add-on which uses the techniques described here,
> consider migrating it to use WebExtensions instead.
>
> Add-ons developed using these techniques might not work with multiprocess
> Firefox (e10s), which is already the default in Firefox Nightly and Firefox
> Developer Edition, and will soon be the default in Beta and Release
> versions of Firefox. We have documentation on making your add-ons
> multiprocess-compatible
> <https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Add-ons/Working_with_multiprocess_Firefox>,
> but it will be more future-proof for you to migrate to WebExtensions.
>
> A wiki page containing resources, migration paths, office hours, and more
> <https://wiki.mozilla.org/Add-ons/developer/communication>, is available
> to help developers transition to the new technologies.

And I feel it is common message across all pages in Add-ons High level SDK.
Can we redirect to exact page of WebExtension.

Eg I came Notifications High level API page [1] but how about in Message we
can share Visit WebExtension Notification API page [2] instead.

In this way I feel people can jump in one-click to the necessary page.

[1]
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Add-ons/SDK/High-Level_APIs/notifications
[2]
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Add-ons/WebExtensions/API/notifications