Introduction

Riya George

Mar 18, 2017, 9:12:47 AM3/18/17
to dev...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi,
I am Riya..I joined the list to get the get the marking guide for the
Assessment:Structuring a page content.
Thanks and regards
Riya

Chris Mills

Mar 18, 2017, 10:25:14 AM3/18/17
to Riya George, dev...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi Riya,

Welcome to MDN! I will send you the marking guide in a separate e-mail.

I hope you have been enjoying the course and finding it useful. Please let me know if there is anything you found hard to understand, or throught could be improved upon.

Best regards,

Chris Mills
Senior tech writer || Mozilla
developer.mozilla.org || MDN
cmi...@mozilla.com || @chrisdavidmills

b. satrio jati

Mar 27, 2017, 11:22:01 AM3/27/17
to dev...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi,

I'm new member here. I'm an entrepreneur and want to learn web development
so I'm subscribing to MDC mailing list. I hope this is the right place. :)
Thank you.

Regards,

Jati

Chris Mills

Mar 27, 2017, 12:02:09 PM3/27/17
to b. satrio jati, dev...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi there Jati,

Welcome to the MDN community! We are a friendly bunch of people, so don’t be afraid to ask questions.

Our website is largely a detailed reference for pretty much any web technology you might want information on. The easiest way to find information on specified topics is to go to your search engine of choice, and search for mdn + what you are interested in, so for example

mdn css
mdn web audio api
mdn <input>
mdn media queries

The part of the site you might be most interested in is the learning area:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn

This is aimed at complete beginners, and provides you with detailed tutorials to take you from “no knowledge at all” to “comfortable with using the main web development technologies”.

The best module to begin with inside the learning area is “Getting started with the Web”:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn/Getting_started_with_the_web

Best regards,

Chris Mills
Senior tech writer || Mozilla
developer.mozilla.org || MDN
cmi...@mozilla.com || @chrisdavidmills

gerson moises

Mar 27, 2017, 12:49:07 PM3/27/17
to dev...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi MDC ,
 I have been reading the articles from the MDN page and recently subscribed to the MDC mailing list. I appreciate the articles and have already done a few assessments, and I believe the MDC  is a good place to learn.
Best regards,
Gerson

b. satrio jati

Mar 28, 2017, 9:09:34 AM3/28/17
to Chris Mills, dev...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi Chris,
Thank you so much :)

Regards,

Jati

Danielle Vincent

Mar 28, 2017, 3:48:14 PM3/28/17
to b. satrio jati, dev-mdc, Chris Mills
Hi Jati!

Welcome to the group!

If you'd like to subscribe to our developer newsletter, we have that here:
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/newsletter/developer/ :) It's filled with
information and tips for devs.

Cheers,
Danielle

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 6:09 AM, b. satrio jati <b.satr...@gmail.com>
--

******************************
*Danielle A. Vincent*

“Concentrate all your thoughts upon the work in hand. The Sun's rays do not
burn until brought to a focus.” - Alexander Graham Bell

Follow @MozDevNet <http://twitter.com/mozdevnet> on Twitter
Subscribe to the Mozilla developer newsletter
<https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/newsletter/developer/>

b. satrio jati

Mar 29, 2017, 12:41:01 AM3/29/17
to Danielle Vincent, dev-mdc, Chris Mills
Hi Danielle,

Thank you for the suggestion :)

Regards,

Jati

On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 2:47 AM, Danielle Vincent <dvin...@mozilla.com>

Sebastian Zartner

Apr 2, 2017, 4:35:37 PM4/2/17
to gerson moises, dev...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi Gerson and welcome to the MDC mailing list. If you have any questions
around the MDN page, feel free to ask here.

Greetings,

Sebastian

robert01b

Apr 4, 2017, 11:16:01 AM4/4/17
to mozilla...@lists.mozilla.org
Hello gals and guys,

I, too, want to contribute to Mozilla and especially to firefox in the beginning.

I have already done a few smaller, trivial tasks and prepared my system for doing bugfixes or commiting code in general. The difficulty I am having right now is that I'm overwhelmed by the magnitude of material/projects/webpages.

So, if someone could give me a little guidance on what to to next that would be great. I'd would like to do a trivial/minor bugfix with a mentor do get in the groove for example, but I can only find one mentored bug which is already assigned.

Have a nice day,
Robert

Am Sonntag, 2. April 2017 22:35:37 UTC+2 schrieb Sebastian Zartner:
> Hi Gerson and welcome to the MDC mailing list. If you have any questions
> around the MDN page, feel free to ask here.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Sebastian

Janet Swisher

Apr 4, 2017, 11:27:35 AM4/4/17
to robili...@googlemail.com, dev...@lists.mozilla.org, Mike Hoye
Hi Robert,

Welcome! I'm sorry that Mozilla doesn't make it easy to figure out how
to help us. You've found your way to dev-mdc, which is a mailing list
for discussion about maintaining the content on MDN (i.e., not what you
were looking for).

Rather than send you off to yet another website, I've cc'd Mike Hoye,
who is the community manager for Firefox Engineering. I'm hoping he can
personally direct you towards something to contribute to that matches
your skills and interests.

Best wishes!

--

Janet Swisher <mailto:jREMOVE...@mozilla.com>