Webextensions API - does not support "persistent" property for background scripts. Is this going to be fixed at some point?

st3...@gmail.com

Sep 6, 2016, 4:57:47 PM9/6/16
to mozilla...@lists.mozilla.org
In the webextensions API documentation, it says:

"Firefox does not support the "persistent" property. Background scripts stay loaded all the time."

is this going to be fixed at some point, or is this a permanent, never going to be supported type thing?

William Bamberg

Sep 6, 2016, 5:12:33 PM9/6/16
to st3...@gmail.com, Addon Developers List, mozilla...@lists.mozilla.org
This question would be better aimed at the addons list, so I'm redirecting
it.

Cheers!

Will

Andrew Swan

Sep 6, 2016, 8:33:44 PM9/6/16
to William Bamberg, st3...@gmail.com, mozilla...@lists.mozilla.org, Addon Developers List
> On Sun, Sep 4, 2016 at 11:50 AM, <st3...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> In the webextensions API documentation, it says:
>>
>> "Firefox does not support the "persistent" property. Background scripts
>> stay loaded all the time."
>>
>> is this going to be fixed at some point, or is this a permanent, never
>> going to be supported type thing?

I think it would be useful to do at some point, but we have no concrete
plans to work on it any time in the near future.

-Andrew