Macro update proposal

瀏覽次數:9 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Eric Shepherd

未讀,
2016年8月10日 下午1:43:542016/8/10
收件者:MDC Mailinglist
I'd like to suggest we look at some of our older version information
macros, such as {{obsolete_header}}, and consider changing them to
simply say "Firefox X" instead of "Gecko X (Firefox A, Thunderbird B,
SeaMonkey C)" using an attempted algorithm to get the numbers right. The
way we're doing it no longer works reliably, and since we'e defocused
non-Firefox Gecko-based stuff, it doesn't make sense to complicate these
things anymore.

--

Eric Shepherd
Senior Technical Writer

Sebastian Zartner

未讀,
2016年8月12日 下午3:21:162016/8/12
收件者:Eric Shepherd、MDC Mailinglist
Note that the actual macro generating that output is {{geckoRelease}}. I am
not aware of the versioning systems of Thunderbird and SeaMonkey. Is it
possible to adjust the algorithm to get it right again? If so, I'd prefer
to keep that macro, so developers still get that related info. Otherwise,
shouldn't it just say 'Gecko X' instead of 'Firefox X' (depending on
whether the described feature is really a platform thing and not just a
Firefox-only feature, of course)?

Sebastian

0 則新訊息