Improving the editor toolbar

Eric Shepherd

Apr 22, 2015, 4:24:37 PM4/22/15
to dev-mdc [Docs]
As mentioned on another thread, I'm hoping to find some time to update
the editor toolbar on MDN soon. It's not hard to do, but we need to know
what we're trying to accomplish.

To that end, I've set up an etherpad to collect ideas. Please jot down
your ideas and suggestions, and flag any objections you may have, too!

Here's the etherpad: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/mdn-editor-toolbar

This is a chance to make your life so much better on MDN!

--

Eric Shepherd
Senior Technical Writer

Jean-Yves Perrier

Apr 22, 2015, 5:03:06 PM4/22/15
to dev...@lists.mozilla.org
One of the goal should be to have every CSS class that we need
accessible through the toolbar (like "syntaxbox")

Also <kbd> and <var> should be available on it.

On 22/04/2015 21:24, Eric Shepherd wrote:
> As mentioned on another thread, I'm hoping to find some time to update
> the editor toolbar on MDN soon. It's not hard to do, but we need to
> know what we're trying to accomplish.
>
> To that end, I've set up an etherpad to collect ideas. Please jot down
> your ideas and suggestions, and flag any objections you may have, too!
>
> Here's the etherpad: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/mdn-editor-toolbar
>
> This is a chance to make your life so much better on MDN!

--
"Prenez soin des minutes, les heures prendront soin d'elles-mêmes."
P.D. Stanhope (4e baron de Chesterfield, 1694-1773)

maybe

Apr 23, 2015, 1:00:47 PM4/23/15
to mozilla...@lists.mozilla.org
On Wednesday, April 22, 2015 at 10:24:37 PM UTC+2, Eric Shepherd wrote:
> As mentioned on another thread, I'm hoping to find some time to update
> the editor toolbar on MDN soon. It's not hard to do, but we need to know
> what we're trying to accomplish.
>
> To that end, I've set up an etherpad to collect ideas. Please jot down
> your ideas and suggestions, and flag any objections you may have, too!
>
> Here's the etherpad: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/mdn-editor-toolbar

I just added
EmbedLiveSample (please consider a button for this macro too)

JSFiddleEmbed (please consider a button for this macro too)
to etherpad.

Sebastian Zartner

Dec 23, 2016, 7:25:19 AM12/23/16
to Jean-Yves Perrier, MDC Mailinglist
I just stumbled over this thread again.

The etherpad contains several things, which were not changed yet. Sheppy,
did you file bugs for all the things mentioned in the etherpad or are they
tracked somewhere else?

Sebastian