HTML/SVG/CSS schemas in a machine-readable format

Vladimir Belousov

Nov 21, 2016, 10:45:59 AM11/21/16
to m...@lists.mozilla.org, dev...@lists.mozilla.org
Hello!

MDN has rich HTML/SVG/CSS documentation. For example, HTML element
reference is located at
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element

Are these HTML (also SVG/CSS) schemas are available somewhere in a
machine-readable format (for ex. XML)?

I know that The Nu Html Checker (
https://github.com/validator/validator/tree/master/schema) has some schema
data, but it is very uninformative.

Vladimir.

Luke Crouch

Nov 21, 2016, 11:03:22 AM11/21/16
to Vladimir Belousov, dev-mdc, m...@lists.mozilla.org
There are some url parameters on documents to get machine-readable content:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/MDN/Contribute/Tools/Document_parameters

-L

Florian Scholz

Nov 21, 2016, 11:10:57 AM11/21/16
to Vladimir Belousov, m...@lists.mozilla.org, dev...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi Vladimir,

we've started to create a repository containing open data about web
technologies. Most mature (thanks to our contributor Sebastian Zartner)
is the CSS data, where you can e.g. find a list of all properties with
their syntax and other attributes:
https://github.com/mdn/data/tree/master/css

We are planning to further advance this repository in the future. Let us
know if you want to help or which data you are most interested in. This
mailing list or issues in the repository is fine for that.

Florian

Florian Scholz
Technical Writer
Mozilla Developer Network

Am 21.11.2016 um 16:45 schrieb Vladimir Belousov:
> Hello!
>

> MDN has rich HTML/SVG/CSS documentation. For example, HTML element
> reference is located at
> https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element
>
> Are these HTML (also SVG/CSS) schemas are available somewhere in a
> machine-readable format (for ex. XML)?
>
> I know that The Nu Html Checker (
> https://github.com/validator/validator/tree/master/schema) has some schema
> data, but it is very uninformative.
>

> Vladimir.

Eric Shepherd

Nov 23, 2016, 12:05:53 PM11/23/16
to Florian Scholz, MDC Mailinglist, m...@lists.mozilla.org, Vladimir Belousov
I think it’s also important that we get as much feedback as possible on the schema itself so that we can correct any issues before we have even more enormous amounts of data that would need to be updated if we change the schema. :)

> On Nov 21, 2016, at 11:10 AM, Florian Scholz <fsc...@mozilla.com> wrote:
>
> We are planning to further advance this repository in the future. Let us know if you want to help or which data you are most interested in. This mailing list or issues in the repository is fine for that.

Eric Shepherd
Senior Technical Writer
Mozilla Developer Network <https://developer.mozilla.org/>
Blog: http://www.bitstampede.com/