UPDATED "Starting a new localization"

Janet Swisher

Sep 26, 2016, 3:34:06 PM9/26/16
to mozil...@lists.mozilla.org, dev-mdc
I have updated the MDN meta-documentation about "Starting a new
localization"[1], based on our recent discussion about "Criteria to add
or remove a locale"[2]. This will serve as a basis for following up on
outstanding requests for new localizations.

By the way, the consensus of that discussion regarding removing locales
was not to do it, and to add an automatic banner to pages whose
localization is out of date. I've drafted a user story for creating that
banner[3], but it still needs to be fleshed out with acceptance criteria
and tasks, and then prioritized into a sprint.

[1]
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/MDN/Contribute/Localize/Starting_a_localization

[2] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mozilla.dev.mdc/EHz1Xk5a-TM

[3]